Want to study abroad?/Applications
Erasmus application deadline for spare places: 13 March 2017
This deadline is for applications from the Department of English, American and Celtic Studies. (Other departments may have other deadlines.) Please apply for summer semester 2018.
Czech Republic: Prague
Exception: Galway - academic year 2017/18! (whole year, 1 place!)
- scholarships for 1 or 2 semesters
a choice of 22 universities
- preparation of stay abroad
- intense support at the partner university
- most partner universities allow lodging in halls of residence
- credit for your international study achievements
a regular office hour for Erasmus students and applicants
- start thinking about your stay abroad about one year in advance
- look at our list of partner universities
- find out which universities you are most interested in and check if they offer courses and modules which suit your curriculum (don't forget your minor)
- be aware of the Erasmus application deadline and hand in your application
If you have questions, you are always welcome to see us during the office hours.
We urgently recommend to read the ERASMUS information of the International Office on the organisation of your ERASMUS stay, possibilities of preliminary EILC language courses etc. before your application.
- scholarships for one or two semesters
- The scholarship consists of exemption from tuition fees of the host university
- monthly allowance of about 180-200 €
- All further costs, such as transport, living costs etc. have to be covered by the student
When is the best time for "Going Out":
- you can go abroad either for one Semester or for one full Academic Year (WS and SS)
- 3rd (WS) or 4th semester (SS): you can do language II and III in your 3rd year
- 5th (WS) or 6th semester (SS): you can do language II and language III in your 2nd year and write your BA thesis abroad
- BA-thesis abroad: You can write your BA-thesis at the partner university, still it will be supervised by a mentor from the IAAK. Please discuss all details with your mentor before your departure and stay in contact during your time abroad.
- It is possible to study abroad as an MA student, too, but more complicated due to differing European degree systems. Please contact us personally if you are interested in an Erasmus grant.
- Application Form
- Letter of Motivation
- 2-3 pages
- English preferred
- Why do you want to study abroad? Reasons for your choice of universities (please choose at least 3 universities)
- Commitment besides your studies (social involvement, Student Advisor Programme etc.)
- Recommendation Letter (in a closed envelope or sent directly to us by the teacher)
- Transcript of Records (Notenübersicht bei basis)
We will ONLY accept complete applications which meet our formal requirements!
Please perforate your application forms and submit them in an envelope saying "IAAK Erasmus Office".
You can hand in your application during the Erasmus Office hours or in the IAAK secretariat.
- Letter of Motivation: we are interested in your accademic aims for your time abroad and recommend to focus on the scientific and teaching modalities of the partner institution (please mention three options)
- CV: commitment and experience will be positively appraised
- Recommendation Letter
- Transcript of Records: Erasmus is not an elite-programme, nevertheless excellent grades can tip the scales