Welcome to Bonn and Welcome to the Department of English, American and Celtic Studies!
!!! All Erasmus students need to be nominated to Bonn University by their home university first. Application for an Erasmus grant always takes place via your home university. !!!
- the Erasmus Programme at Bonn University is organized in a decentralized way. Thus your Erasmus departmental coordinator and the International Office will be in charge of your Erasmus stay
- the departmental coordinator is your main contact person and supervisor. She can advise you on academic matters and will help you in difficult situations. Always contact your departmental coordinator first.
Contact: Marie Berndt (incomings.anglistik[at]uni-bonn.de)
- the International Office takes care of more general organisational matters which concern all international students: Erasmus-Assist
- If you have been nominated as an Erasmus student at Bonn University you still need to register officially. Please send your application to Marie Berndt (preferably via email).
- Once you are officially registered, you will receive all further information.
- Information on accommodations, language classes and enrolment (after arrival).
- You can find all courses here: “Vorlesungsverzeichnis”
- Choose the semester which applies to your stay at Bonn University
- Bachelor students can choose Bachelor modules (no Master courses)
- Master students can choose from all courses
- You can visit courses at all departments, but please enroll at least in one course at the English department.
- You can apply for each course by writing to your teacher and ask him if he is willing to accept you. If he agrees to your participation, you are enrolled.
- Talk to your teacher in the first lesson and remind him of your application.
- You can find the email addresses of all English teachers here (usually the email address is also registered in basis.uni-bonn.de)
It is very important that you deal with these matters as soon as possible
and that you choose and register for your courses!
You can apply for language classes at the Center for Language Acquisition. Most likely you will be able to join a German class, all other language courses are very demanded. You need to enrol quickly. For more details and questions, please use the contact form.
Attention! The ECTS points listed here are valid exclusively for the English department. Every department has its own rules for giving ECTS points.
- At the beginning of the semester we will send around the Kursübersicht which needs to be filled and returned to us
- please give a course certificate (Schein) to all of your teachers
- Course Certificate for the Academic Year 2016/17
- the teachers will fill it as soon as they have marked your course achievements
- the filled course certificate needs to be submitted to us
- once we received all of your course certificates, we will write your transcript and send it to you and your home university