Requirements and Admission
We are happy that you are interested in our Master in English LIteratures and Cultures!
- A strong interest in anglophone literatures and cultures around the globe.
- A Bachelor of Arts or equivalent degree acquired in Germany or abroad
- Your degree must include at least 36 credit points (Bonn) or an equivalent number in English Studies. The overall subject focus of your B.A. should be in the humanities or social sciences.
- Applicants are required to have completed language practice modules (minimum 18 CP), and modules focusing on literary history, theory and cultural studies
- International students need a certificate of intermediate German language proficiency (DSH-1, TestDaF TDN 3).
- Proficiency in a third language is highly desirable.
New students are admitted to the programme every semester (winter and summer). Classes for the winter semester begin in mid-October and classes for the summer semester in mid-April.
The application period for winter semesters is usually in mid-May, the application for summer semesters in mid-December.
Please also check our website (homepage) for updates and extensions. You can apply before completing your first degree but have to submit your degree certificate when you enrol in the programme.
The fees for each semester of the programme amount to €238 Sozialbeitrag. Details: Link.
We are looking forward to finding out more about your interests, motivations and scholarly achievements.
You will find the application website (Online-Portal für die Bewerbung zu den Masterstudiengängen) on the pages of the Faculty of Arts: Bewerbung um einen Master-Studienplatz
See you at Bonn... Good luck!